Aromatherapy oils to relax your mind and body
Aromatherapy can be the perfect way to release tension, recover from pain, and enjoy a restful visit to the spa. The centuries-old therapy uses natural oils extracted from nature to increase psychological and physical well-being.
Used as a form of alternative medicine, the oils are extracted from flowers, bark, stems, leaves, roots or other parts of a plant. They are then inhaled to create or stimulate certain brain functions. There are also aromatherapy products that are absorbed through the skin. Practitioners believe the scents travel through the bloodstream and can promote whole-body healing. Our A to Z of natural skincare ingredients offers insight into some of these and their uses.
On a Titanic Spa spa break in Yorkshire, you'll want to browse our extensive menu of aromatherapy treatments. From massages to hot stone therapy, our knowledgeable spa technicians can help you find that relief and relaxation you desperately crave.
Popular aromatherapoy oils and their properties
If you're not sure which aromatherapy oils you'd like to try during your next spa visit, the list below offers some insight into each oil and their properties.
• Bergamont – a citrus-scented essential oil extracted from the Beragamia tree widely used in perfumes and colognes.
• Cedarwood – around for a thousand years, it is a scented oil that comes from the Juniperus Virginiana tree native to North America.
• Marjoram – often used to calm hyperactivity and relieve anxiety, it was popular for use in medicines by the ancient Greeks.
• Chamomile – best known for calming qualities, the oil comes from the leaves of these flowering plants.
• Eucalyptus – not just for koalas, the oil comes from Australia. Its powerful scent can be effective against respiratory diseases. It also has been known to improve concentration.
• Patchouli – this oil is often thought to have mood-lifting properties. It has powerful skincare properties.
• Jasmine – an expensive oil with powerful healing properties can offer help from depression to the pain of childbirth.
• Rosemary – a natural way to lift spirits and a memory booster.
• Rose – this essential oil is great as a treatment for women’s’ health issues.
• Peppermint – offers a cooling, refreshing effect. It has been used to enhance mental alertness.
For more information about our arometherapy spa treatments, our team will be happy to help. Get in touch today.