Aromatherapy can be the perfect way to release tension, recover from pain, and enjoy a restful visit to the spa. The centuries old therapy uses natural oils extracted from nature to increase psychological and physical well-being.
One of the featured products used in our aromassage therapies was recently highlighted as being a great product to help enhance your summer. The Decleor line of body oils was named to a list of must-have beauty products
Used as a form of alternative medicine, the oils are extracted from flowers, bark, stems, leaves, roots or other parts of a plant. They are then inhaled to create or stimulate certain brain functions. There is also aroma therapies that are absorbed through the skin. Practitioners believe the scents travel through the bloodstream and can promote whole-body healing.
For a great spa break in Yorkshire
, an extensive menu of aromatherapy massages is available. With aroma therapies that range from massage to hot stone therapy, a knowledgeable spa technician can help you find that relief and relaxation you desperately crave. Some popular scents to think about are:
- Bergamont – a citrus-scented essential oil extracted from the Beragamia tree widely used in perfumes and colognes.
- Cedarwood – around for a thousand years, it is a scented oil that comes from the Juniperus Virginiana tree native to North America.
- Marjoram – often used to calm hyperactivity and relieve anxiety, it was popular for use in medicines by the ancient Greeks.
- Chamomile – best known for calming qualities, the oil comes from the leaves of these flowering plants.
- Eucalyptus – not just for koalas, the oil comes from Australia. Its powerful scent can be effective against respiratory diseases. It also has been known to improve concentration.
- Patchouli – this oil is often thought to have mood-lifting properties. It has powerful skincare properties.
- Jasmine – an expensive oil with powerful healing properties can offer help from depression to the pain of childbirth.
- Rosemary – a natural way to lift spirits and a memory booster.
- Rose – this essential oil is great as a treatment for women’s’ health issues.
- Peppermint – offers a cooling, refreshing effect. It has been used to enhance mental alertness.
Image Credit: dMap Travel Guide